ORBERA™ Intragastric Balloon System
Proven Non-Surgical Weight Loss Option
The ORBERATM Intragastric Balloon is a soft, sturdy balloon made of silicone
that is designed to help adult patients with obesity in losing weight
and maintaining a healthy body. The procedure is best-suited for adults
who have a BMI between 30 and 40 and have previously attempted other traditional
weight loss options. This non-surgical option requires no incisions, leaving
behind no scars and requiring minimal recovery time.
The balloon is one component used in the ORBERA™ Managed Weight Loss
System, which involves two parts—starting with this durable balloon
being used to fill space in an individual’s stomach to improve effective
What Are the Advantages of ORBERA™?
- The average patient experiences 3.1 times greater weight loss than in traditional
methods (diet and exercise) in just 6 months.
- This non-surgical operation requires no incisions, making it a highly efficient solution
- It has been proven safe and effective in more than 220,000 procedures
- This non-surgical weight loss option is FDA-approved
- It focuses on helping patients develop a sustainable, healthy lifestyle
in the long run
- The manufacturer, Apollo Endosurgery Inc., is a leader in minimally invasive
What to Expect During the Procedure
While the entire system is non-surgical, it is typically performed while
the patient is under a mild sedative to allow the thin (and deflated)
balloon to be inserted into the patient’s stomach. Once it is properly
in place, the balloon will be filled with saline until it reaches roughly
the size of a grapefruit.On average, the entire process takes about 20
to 30 minutes. Most patients return home the same day as the procedure
To learn more, contact our Orange surgical weight loss doctors. The N.E.W.
Program is ready to help you become the most confident version of yourself!